Help Us Save Lives! Are you someone who…
- Wants to contribute to their local community?
- Enjoys teamwork and the outdoors?
- Is physically fit and loves a challenge?
- Has a desire to help those in need?
- Enjoys accomplishments and achievements?
- Wants to make a difference in the lives of others?
The NBCERT Search and Rescue (SAR) team’s mission is to respond to calls for assistance for people who have become lost, injured or are in imminent danger. We are looking for a few good people who can qualify to WEAR OUR BADGE!
For what kind of incidences and operations do we provide services?
- Lost Persons
- Missing / Stranded Hikers
- And much more…
All of our team members go through Search and Rescue specific training including:
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-200 & IS-700 Certifications
- SARTECH II Certification
- Rope Rescue Techniques and Procedures
- Search Operations
- And more equipment and techniques used for search and rescue operations
Who are the members that make up the team?
The NBCERT Search and Rescue team is comprised of dedicated volunteers from the greater New Braunfels area. Our team members come from a variety of professions and experiences which brings many different skills to the team. While maintaining certifications and training to conduct search and rescue operations, each member also has a full-time occupation outside the team. Our member’s professions include electricians, teachers, construction workers, security professionals, business owners, government employees, mothers and fathers among many others. Being a member of our team is challenging and exciting! Join the NBCERT Search and Rescue team and help us save lives!
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a United States Citizen
2. Be at least 20 years of age
3. Possess a valid Class “C” Driver’s License or higher
4. Have completed the 20-hour CERT training
All applicants undergo a thorough background investigation. Examples of disqualifying factors include:
1. Any felony convictions
2. Job related misdemeanor convictions
3. Certain serious traffic convictions or patterns of traffic violations
Each applicant must be in good general physical condition, free from disease or defects that would interfere with the satisfactory performance of the duties of this position.
If you are interested in becoming an NBCERT Search and Rescue team member, please contact:
Steve L. Harris
Emergency Management Coordinator
City of New Braunfels
Office of Emergency Management
424 S Castell Ave
New Braunfels, TX 78130